Monday, February 2, 2009

Goodnight Moon, Colored Pasta and Flour


















Evelyn and I recently went to the New Haven Children's Museum, a rather pricey, but fun place for kids to go in the dead of winter.  They have seven rooms, each with different themes. One room is the nature room and has a real bee's hive with glass walls so you can see the bees busily working inside.  One room is a music room with percussion instruments the children can play. The following pics are from the "Goodnight Moon" room. You can find everything in the
 book in the room, even the comb, the brush and the bowl full of mush.



 

















































Evelyn and I are desperately trying to find projects to keep us busy during these cold months. Yesterday we dyed pasta with food coloring, then dried the pasta in preparation of making necklaces.  Evelyn had strung one half of a necklace when Linus decided to try and wolf it down when I was out of the room.  So far we haven't attempted a second.  Maybe another day.

Evelyn loves to bake.  Today we made a cake and the flour ended up everywhere, including all over Linus.  Gee, I wonder how that happened?!






































No comments:

Post a Comment